The Good News of Jesus Christ
“For God so loved the world…” John 3:16
- Heaven Is A Free Gift. “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23. We cannot earn our way to heaven and none of us really deserve to go. It is a gift.
- We Are All Sinners. “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23. Every person who has ever lived has missed God’s standard of perfection.
- He Loves Us “God is love.” 1 John 4:18. While God loves us and does not want to punish us, we should also know that as a just God, He must punish sin. “The soul who sins shall die.” Ezekiel 18:4
- God Balanced Justice And Love Through His Son Jesus. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16. Jesus is the infinite God-man, God in the flesh. He died on the cross and rose from the dead to pay the penalty for our sins and to purchase a place for us in heaven, which He offers as a free gift.
- The Gift Of Eternal Life Is Received By Faith. Saving faith is not merely intellectual assent. It is trusting in Jesus Christ alone and what He has done rather than what we can do to get us to heaven. “What must I do to be saved? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.” Acts 16:20b, 31
“Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and do not deserve eternal life. But I believe You died and rose from the grave to purchase a place in heaven for me. Jesus, come into my life, take control of my life, forgive my sins, and save me. I am now placing my trust in You alone for my salvation, and I accept your free gift of eternal life.”
If this prayer is the sincere desire of your heart, look at the promise of Jesus: “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has eternal life.” John 6:47. If you, after reading this, trusted Jesus for eternal life, please let us know. We want to rejoice in what God has done in your life and help you grow spiritually. Please call us at (682) 518-8362 or by email at email@example.com.